Saturday, June 07, 2008

Da-da-da-da-da, Feelin Groooovy

While I was doing my daily surveillance of teh internetz today, I happened across this article on CNN:

Slow Down, You're Movin' Too Fast

I'll let this quote explain the gist of it:

Cahn is a leader in the "slow movement," a national campaign that claims that speed kills. Its leaders say that Americans are so starved for time, our need for speed is destroying our health, families and communities.

Well, I'm not saying I'm overworked or anything, but I do fervently believe (and have said so for years) that if I could just take a half-hour nap after lunch, I'd be way more productive in the afternoons. Nothing in the article specifically about fighting for your right to nap, though. Just things like "turning off the BlackBerry, cooking unhurried meals with friends, cultivating a garden and taking long walks."

Sigh, even my fellow lazybones don't have my back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Bernard...glad I found your blog. You're a good writer. Here's another blog from my friend Lance...
http://observationsonfaith.blogspot.com/

--Phil

greyhoundbus said...

Thanks! I just started blogging again so you picked a good time to drop by. I'm guessing you're here via the facebook link. I checked out your myspace page... love the pictures! Especially Buddy. He looks a little more spry in those pics.