Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I visited Amy in Franklin last week but unfortunately I don't have the pictures I took with me right now, so I'm going to blog about it later. There is a lot of information I have to sift through anyway.... a lot of things happened and I can't be sure I understood everything correctly. There were guns involved though.

For now I've written a new lyric... I have an idea in my head about what the music would sound like but I haven't tried to play it yet so I don't really know. Maybe I can get CCL to help me out when I go see him in Illinois. And I know the title's been used before, but it's such a good title for a song I thought it deserved two tunes written for it.

Here it is, well what little there is anyway.



What A Little Moonlight Can Do

The moon is full, the air is light
Strands of clouds drift through the night
Something bright above is peeking through
That wants to demonstrate to me and you
What a little moonlight can do

The stars above are blinking
And fireflies are winking
Crickets chirping measures two by two
Perhaps the thing they're telling us is true
'Bout what a little moonlight can do

I'd be singin' hallelujah
But I wouldn't try to fool ya
It's not the heavens that enamor me tonight
It's just your smile and how it glows
And how it wrinkles on your nose
That tells me everything will be alright

We've seen and heard it all along
In picture shows and in song
But let's pretend we haven't got a clue
I'm coming, dear, to see it all with you
What a little moonlight can do
Oh what a little moonlight can do

No comments: