Monday, December 29, 2003

Well, I'm finally back from my 2k mile trip across the world and I'm sitting in my lab with a miserable cough, and I'm all out of cough drops. That's alright though, it was a good trip. I'm too tired to blog the whole thing now, but I'll start of by saying I made some new audio recordings with CCL while I was up in chicago visiting him, and they are at my music website. For those of you who just can't click one more time on your mouse button, this is the update:

"Monday, December the 29th, 2003
I guess I've moved up to bi-annual updates now :p. I went to see CCL in Evanston, IL, where he's studying for his masters in music tech, and we did some recording together. CCL is the best musician I know and he can play just about anything you throw at him provided you don't break his fingers doing so. He also had access to and the knowledge to use a lot of 'pro' recording tricks to make me sound better than I actually am. That's right, I'm one step away from joining a boy-band.


What A Little Moonlight Can Do
This is a song I'd just written before I went to see CCL, and there's already another song by the same title, but I'd never heard it before and I think it's okay to have more than one song with the same title. There's more than one 'Hero' right? And more than one 'One', too, oddly enough.


The Young Man's Song
From a poem by W. B. Yeats. I made up the melody. This was actually the first song we did, and I was still thinking we were just goofing off, but then CCL went nuts with the accompaniments. By the time we were done with this mix, I knew this was a situation I just had to take advantage of. Muhahaha!


Hallelujah
This is the song by Leonard Cohen, which also been covered by Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, and, um, Bono. Now I add my version to the whole mess, which will have the dubious honor of being 'Least-Heard Version Of Hallelujah. Ever.'


Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
I'd say something about this song if I knew where to start. But I won't. Enjoy!"


Hope everyone has fun with the music. I'll end with an exciting pictorial description of my journey through Arkansas as I drove from Memphis to Chicago:



.
.
.



.
.
.



.
.
.



.
.
.



.
.
.




I'm never going back to Arkansas again if I can help it.

No comments: