Saturday, July 24, 2004

Anybody Got Some Fleece I Can Borrow?

Okay, first I need to do is apologize to Erin for not showing up to help her move, because I woke up at 10:15 this morning with a minor hangover. I'd go into details about the previous night, but there's little to share except that it involved this. Pretty random, huh?

Second thing I need to do is announce my new artiste site at http://music.download.com. They actually let me in! What's this world coming to? Well, here's hoping I'll get to update that page again soon.

Thirdly, I just got a call from Scott Meyer today basically affirming the decisions I've made about my involvement in YAMs worship... Someone else has stepped up to the plate to take over, and this without me telling anyone (aside from Matt) that I don't think I want to be leading when Amanda steps down. Scott was also cool with the fact that I don't feel like leading small group. Yes, yes, I'm supposed to say "I didn't feel lead to" or, "God wasn't pointing me there"... something in Christian-speak. And maybe it's true that God is leading me elsewhere. But from my end, I don't sense such a direct line to God that I can feel His hand yanking my ear in one direction or another. What I have done is prayed and asked for any guidance aside from what I have in my head, and so far, the most honest thing I can say is, I don't *feel* like it. Like that guy from Office Space. I'm not quitting. I'm just not gonna go.

And now, of course, Scott tells me that YAMs worship is covered, which really, if that's not a sign, I don't know what is. Just in case, though, I might go to Wal-mart and get a nice pink towel to lay across my balcony, and pray that if I'm completely wrong about all this, that it would turn lavender in the morning. I might. Except Wal-mart out East is a scary place to go.

No comments: